let's try this again... / encore une fois...

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

More than two months since my last post. Oops. In my defense, we've just moved house! Just before we moved, I finished the two projects I mentioned in the last post.

Plus de deux mois depuis mon dernier message. Oups. Mais, en ma défense, on vient de déménager ! Juste avant de déménager, j'ai terminé les deux projets mentionnés dans le dernier message.

camelia

Pattern: Stefanie Japel's Camellia
Yarn: Sophie by Jenny (destashed from a friend)
Needles: 8 mm Addi turbos
Finished: 21/07/10

Unfortunately, this came out too big for my sister! The hardest part of knitting for someone in another country is that you can't test the size along the way. Happily, this is a pretty simply design and my sister likes it enough to want another in the next smaller size, so it looks like I may make another one for Christmas!

Malheureusement, celui-ci est trop grand pour ma sœur ! La chose la plus difficile quand on tricote pour quelqu’un d’autre qui est dans un autre pays est qu’on ne peut pas l’essayer mi-travail. La bonne nouvelle est que c’est un dessin simple et ma sœur l’aime tant qu’elle en veut un deuxième dans la taille dessous, donc il apparait qu’il faut en refaire encore un pour Noël !

falling leaves

Pattern: Falling Leaves Wrap by Dory Brown
Yarn: Lima by Bergère de France
Needles: 4 mm bamboo circulars
Finished: 18/07/10

I am very pleased with this one! I showed it to my mother in law and asked if she would like something like this and she said yes, so there's some more Christmas knitting to put on the list! My grandmother loves it and my sister told me that she proudly showed it to anyone that walked in the door. I was sad that we couldn't be there to celebrate her 90th birthday so I'm glad I could make something that she will enjoy.

Je suis bien contente avec celui-ci ! Je l’ai montré à ma belle-mère et je lui ai demandé si elle voudrait quelque chose de semblable et la réponse était « oui » donc voila encore un tricot pour Noël ! Ma grand-mère l’adore et ma sœur m’a raconté qu’elle l’avait fièrement montré à tout le monde. J’étais déçu qu’on ne pouvait pas être là pour fêter ses 90 ans donc je suis heureuse de pouvoir fabriquer quelque chose qui lui plaît.

And now, if you're still paying attention, I have an announcement! I have at last released the patterns of three of my medieval drawstring bags and they are available for the low, low price of four euros each on Ravelry! Not only do you receive the charts and instructions for the bags, but also a picture tutorial of how to make a long ten-strand braid and how to make a four strand braid. I had a lot of help from the pattern tester's group on Ravelry, for which I'm very grateful. I hope you enjoy knitting them; please let me know if you've made one! You can find links to the patterns in the side bar to the right. Thanks!

Et maintenant, pour ceux qui sont toujours là, j’ai une annonce à faire ! J’ai enfin publié les patrons de trois de mes sacs médiévaux et ils sont disponibles pour le prix super bas de quatre euros sur Ravelry ! (Par contre, ils sont uniquement disponible en anglais pour le moment ; si il y a une demande je peux faire un effort pour les traduire.) Vous aurez non seulement les directions et le graphique pour le jacquard, mais aussi les travaux pratiques avec des photos pour apprendre à faire un cordon de dix fils et un de quatre fils. J’ai eu beaucoup d’aide de la part du groupe « pattern testers » sur Ravelry, pour lequel je suis bien reconnaissante. J’espère que vous aimerez les tricoter ; s’il vous plaît dites-moi si vous en faites un ! Vous pouvez trouver les liens à droite. Merci !

3 comments:

Ms Mac said...

Crikey, you're a clever thing! They're both gorgeous!

Ravenhill said...

wow, absolutely beautiful! Well done getting your patterns out there!!!
emily xo

Unknown said...

well done , beautiful !!! :):)