something for me! / quelque chose pour moi !

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Since I discovered that I can work on Christmas projects and a small side project at the same time, I started a little something for me this week.

Puisque j'ai découvert que je peux fabriquer les projets de Noël et un petit projet à la fois, j'ai commencé un petit quelque chose pour moi cette semaine.

monkey

This is the famous Monkey sock pattern by Cookie A. I hesitated doing a pattern that is so popular (over 7000 projects in Ravelry!) but then I discovered why - this pattern really is addictive! It's really quite easy and I'm enjoying this project very much.

Voici le fameux patron de chaussettes Monkey par Cookie A. J’ai hésité à faire un patron aussi populaire (plus que 7000 projets sur Ravelry !), mais maintenant je comprends pourquoi il l'est – c’est vraiment intéressant ! En fait c’est plutôt facile et il me plaît beaucoup.

The yarn is Socks that Rock in the colorway "Rare Gem." It was a gift from my blogging friend Mia. It's funny - this is not a colorway I would have chosen for myself (I'm not really a pink person) but in fact I love the colors and the yarn itself is lovely to work with.

La laine est Socks that Rock en couleur « Rare Gem ». C’était un cadeau de la part de ma copine bloggueuse Mia. C’est marron mais ce n’est pas la couleur que j’aurais choisi pour moi-même (je ne suis pas trop fan du rose) mais je l’adore et la laine est un plaisir à manipuler.

The only other thing going on around here is waiting for French Fry to make his appearance! I'll be 39 weeks tomorrow, so if there's no update here next weekend you might want to look at my other blog for updates. In any case, have a great week (and Happy Halloween!!)!

A part ça, on attend l’arrivée de French Fry ! Demain je serai à 39 semaines de grossesse, donc s’il n’y a pas de message la semaine prochaine, vous pourrez regarder mon autre blog pour les nouvelles. En tous cas, bonne semaine à tous et toutes (et Bon Halloween, si vous le fêtez !) !

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

bon courage pour ces prochains jours je comprends ton impatience.
Elles sont super tes cho7

PutYourFlareOn said...

what kind of needles are you using there, my dear?

Anonymous said...

Ah, I finally got some Addi lace needles and I love them!! I just found out yesterday that leslaines.com has them in 2.0, 2.25 and 2.75 now!! Of course, that is the day after I ordered 2.0's in Addi turbos, just my luck!

Anonymous said...

Superbe, j'adore ce modèle et j'aime beaucoup le coloris de ta laine !
Bonne fin de grossesse !

Ljolja said...

The yarn seems to match the pattern perfectly. It will make your version stand out against the rest of the FOs on Ravelry. I will have to take a look at these Addi needles. I use Addi Turbos a lot, but I've never tried Addi Lace.

Anonymous said...

Hi ljolja! I do highly recommend them! Not only are the joins lovely, the needles are long enough to easily hold all the stitches for socks.

Marie Adeline said...

elles sont très jolies tes cho7, bon courage pour les derniers ours de grossesse

Mia said...

I am happy to see that you finally found a use for the Rare Gems. It is one of a kind so they deserve a special pattern. Funny, I never thought of the colorway as being pink. And the Monkey socks are addicting.

I love Addi lace needles as well. I am slowly buying myself at least one of every size in a 24 inch cable. I am using them for everything.

There may be more sock yarn coming your way. Let me know if you like the STR. I think I may have some to destash soon.