projects big and small / des projets grands et petits

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I'm very glad to report that the front of Stéphane's Beau sweater is off the needles.

Je suis contente de dire que j’ai fini le devant du pull Beau pour Stéphane !

beau front

Since I got that milestone behind me, I did another small stranded knitting project. This one went super fast! I think I'm really getting the hang of it and my tension is getting better and better.

Puisque j’ai passé ce cap, j’ai commencé un autre petit projet en Jacquard. Celui-ci a été fabriqué super vite ! Je crois que j’arrive mieux à faire cette technique et la tension de la laine est plus comme il faut.

we call them pirates

Pattern: We Call Them Pirates by Adrian Bizilia
Yarn: one skein each of Katia Astral in Black and Natural
Needles Addi Turbo 3.75 40cm and 100cm for finishing in magic loop
Started: 25/03/09
Finished: 29/03/09

I really, really, really love this yarn! It is incredibly soft and a real pleasure to work with. I'll definitely use it again! I did make a small change: instead of knitting a whole lining, I knit about four rows, did a purl turning row, and then tacked it down as I knit the fifth row in pattern.

Vraiment j’adore cette laine ! Elle est très douce et c'est un plaisir à manipuler. J’en utiliserai encore ! J’ai changé un petit truc du patron : au lieu de tricoter une doublure, j’ai tricoté quatre rangs, puis un rang à l'envers pour tourner, et enfin je l’ai attaché au cinquième rang du patron.

pirates detail

This worked pretty well, though next time I'd probably do a couple of extra rows. As usual, Stéphane wants one for himself so eventually I'll get to try it!

Cette méthode a bien marché, mais la prochaine fois je ferai deux ou trois rangs supplémentaires. Comme d’hab, Stéphane en veut un pour lui-même donc éventuellement j'essayerai !

Moving forward, my next stranded knitting project is already on the needles, as well as the first sleeve of the Beau sweater. I really feel like I'm getting my knitting mojo back!

Continuons : mon prochain projet en Jacquard est déjà sur les aiguilles ainsi que la première manche du pull Beau. J’ai l’impression que j’ai retrouvé mon « mojo » tricot !

0 comments: