Another hat for Fry / Encore un bonnet pour Fry

Monday, October 12, 2009

Not too long ago, I realized that the weather was getting cooler, especially in the mornings when Fry and I take our long walk through Tiny Town, and he didn't have anything to keep his head warm! Of course I couldn't buy him a hat when I have a closet full of yarn and plenty of knitting needles. Searching on Ravlery, I found this pattern and I simply fell in love:

Il n’y a pas longtemps, j’ai remarqué que le temps commence à rafraîchir, particulièrement les matins quand Fry et moi nous promenons dans Tiny Town, et il n’a même pas un truc pour garder sa tête au chaud ! Mais bien sûr je ne peux pas lui acheter quelque chose alors que j’ai une armoire pleine de laine et d’aiguilles. Cherchant sûr Ravelry, j’ai trouvé ce patron et je suis tombée amoureuse :

toddler hat

Pattern: Toddler Hat by Astrid Schramm
Yarn: Araucania Atacama
Needles: 3.5 mm Bamboo circulars (Magic loop method)
Finished: 03/10/09

I used one needle size smaller than recommended because the hat is really for a child a year or two older that Fry. This hat fits him well and should last through to next spring. This pattern is super easy and I really enjoyed making it. Also, the yarn is gorgeous and a joy to knit with, and thank you very much to my friend Mrs B who gave it to my a while back!

J’ai utilisé une taille de moins d’aiguilles que ce qui est recommandé parce que ce bonnet et plutôt pour un enfant qui a un ou deux ans de plus que Fry. Ce bonnet lui va très bien et doit marcher jusqu’au printemps. Le patron est super simple et j’ai bien aimé le faire. En plus, la laine est superbe et très facile à manipuler, donc il faut que je remercie ma copine Mrs B, qui m’a donné la laine cet été !

2 comments:

Ravenhill said...

The hat is super cute! How warm and sweet it looks on!

Vivi said...

Thanks Emily! :)