Introducing Suis le fil, the Boutique

Monday, October 5, 2009

Here is a post I've been wanting to write for a long, long time.

For quite a while now I've dreamed of starting some kind of business, even if it's something small I could do from home. I was inspired the first time my husband took me to the medieval fair at Provins but I only knew I wanted to be involved somehow. It took me several years to figure out how to combine my passions for history and knitting, but I think I've finally done it:

Voici quelque chose que je voulais écrire depuis longtemps.

Ca fait des années que je rêvais de créer une entreprise, même un petit travail que je pouvais faire à la maison. J’étais inspirée la première fois que mon mari m’a emmené à la foire médiévale de Provins, mais je ne savais pas ce que je voulais faire exactement. Enfin après plusieurs années j’ai découvert comment combiner mes passions pour l’histoire et le tricot :



drawstring bags

These are a few examples of the medieval drawstring bags that I'm selling at my new Etsy boutique, Suis le fil. I'm using a combination of motifs that date to the middle ages and original designs. I'm also putting these designs on some accessories as well:

Voici quelques bourses à la médiévale que je vends actuellement dans ma boutique Etsy, Suis le fil. Je mijote des motifs qui datent du Moyen Age et des dessins originaux. Je mets ces dessins sur des accessoires aussi :

jardin bookmark diamant headband

I'm awfully proud to present these designs to you, though I have a long way to go before I'm ready for Provins!

In the coming weeks, I'll be blogging a bit about my designs and what I'm working on. I'm still doing personal projects, just not as quickly as before, so I'll be blogging about those, too. And so now you know why I've been so quiet these past few months! Hopefully that will change now. I hope you're all doing well!

Je suis bien fière de vous présenter mes créations, mais j’ai beaucoup de travail avant d’être prête pour Provins !

Dans les semaines qui arrivent, je parlerai de mes dessins et de ce que je vais faire. Je fais encore des projets personnels, pas autant qu’avant mais je les fais quand même, donc je parlerai de ça aussi. Et puis voila pourquoi j’étais aussi silencieuse ces derniers mois ! Mais j’ai l’intention de changer ça maintenant. J’espère que tout va bien pour vous ! Bon tricot et à bientôt !

5 comments:

Antipo Déesse said...

Excellent travail ma petite cops ! Tu es tout simplement épatante et pleine de surprises !

Benita said...

Beautiful designs!!

BTW, I've been reading through your Dispatches From France posts. What a wonderful experience you are having. Most of us only dream of getting to live and learn in a different country.

Anonymous said...

just so you know, you've inspired be to knit!

I have read Dispatches from France from the first entry to now and I'm kooked. A few months ago I took your advise and started watching video instructions online and even ran across a blog ring of men who knit!

Thanks for all the hours of relaxing fun.

GG

Coliphine said...

Wow, these are beautiful!

I read Dispatches from France regularly as well ;-)

JChevais said...

Darling, this is brilliant. Congratulations!